Information we collect
The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you such as your name, email address, phone number, the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide.
The Extra Mile Update (our newsletter)
If you sign up to our regular email update (newsletter) called The Extra Mile, you will be asked to provide your email address and your name (first and/or last name). We use a newsletter service provided by Flodesk (based in the USA), who process and store the information you provide. Flodesk provide us with data that can help us improve the updates we send (by making it more relevant, for example). This data includes whether you opened the update and which links (if any) you clicked on. If you sign up for The Extra Mile, you’ll be required to complete a ‘double opt-in’ before we can send you any updates. This means that once you’ve completed your details here, you’ll have to open an email sent to the email address provided to confirm your subscription. (This gives you added security, because it means someone else can’t sign up with your details, unless they also have access to your email account). You can unsubscribe to The Extra Mile at any time via a link in the email. However if there are any problems with this please email email@example.com (which is also in every email sent out) so you can be unsubscribed manually.
How we use your information
We use the information we collect in various ways, including to:
- Provide, operate, and maintain our website
- Improve, personalise, and expand our website
- Understand and analyse how you use our website
- Develop new products, services, features, and functionality
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the website, and for marketing and promotional purposes
- Send you emails
- Find and prevent fraud
10 Mile Hike follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this as part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analysing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information. 10 Mile Hike uses a web hosting service provided by SiteGround, with servers based in the UK.
Advertising Partners Privacy Policies
Third Party Privacy Policies
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.) from other websites (eg YouTube). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
GDPR Data Protection Rights
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
CCPA Privacy Rights
Your personal details will not be sold to any third party.
10 Mile Hike does not knowingly collect any Personally Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think your child provided this kind of information on our website, please contact us and we will remove such information from our records as promptly as possible.
You can at any time change or withdraw your consent from the Cookie Declaration on our website. Your consent applies to the following domains: www.10milehike.com.
WHAT ARE COOKIES ?
Cookies are small text files that are used to store small pieces of information. The cookies are stored on your device when the website is loaded on your browser. These cookies help us make the website function properly, make the website more secure, provide better user experience, and understand how the website performs and to analyse what works and where it needs improvement.
As with most online services, our website uses first-party and third-party cookies for a number of purposes. The first-party cookies are mostly necessary for the website to function the right way, and they do not collect any of your personally identifiable data.
The third-party cookies used on our website are used mainly for understanding how the website performs, how you interact with our website, keeping our services secure, providing advertisements that are relevant to you*, and all in all providing you with a better and improved user experience and help speed up your future interactions with our website.
(*NB There are currently no third-party advertisements on 10 Mile Hike (October 2020), but we do use affiliate links and you can find out more about them here: Affiliate Links – Here’s How They Work (on 10 Mile hike))
WHAT TYPES OF COOKIES DO WE USE?
Essential: Some cookies are essential for you to be able to experience the full functionality of our site. They allow us to maintain user sessions and prevent any security threats. They do not collect or store any personal information. (Some websites also use these type of cookies to enable you to securely log-in to an account and add products to your basket).
Statistics: These cookies store information like the number of visitors to the website, the number of unique visitors, which pages of the website have been visited, the source of the visit etc. This data helps us understand and analyse how well the website performs and where it needs improvement.
Functional: These are the cookies that help certain non-essential functionalities on our website. These functionalities include embedding content like videos or sharing contents on the website on social media platforms.
Preferences: These cookies help us store your settings and browsing preferences like language preferences so that you have a better and efficient experience on future visits to the website.
The Cookies We Set
- Comments. If you leave a comment on 10 Mile Hike you may opt-in to save your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- Email newsletters. This site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users. 10 Mile Hike uses a newsletter service provided by Flodesk based in the USA
- Forms. When you submit data through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence. 10 Mile Hike uses a widely used plugin form provided by ContactForm7 and can access your emails and attachments via a webmail service provided by SiteGround, which is the website host used by 10 Mile Hike.
Third Party Cookies
- Google Analytics. This is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content. For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
- Third party analytics are used to track and measure usage of this site so that we can continue to produce engaging content. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site or pages you visit which helps us to understand how we can improve the site for you.
- We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter will set cookies through 10 Mile Hike, which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
HOW CAN I CONTROL THE COOKIE PREFERENCES?
In addition to this, different browsers provide different methods to block and delete cookies used by websites. You can change the settings of your browser to block/delete the cookies. To find out more out more on how to manage and delete cookies, visit wikipedia.org, www.allaboutcookies.org or www.cookieconsent.com
Please be aware that disabling all cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit.
If you need further information please email email@example.com and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
Powered By WebToffee